Subject: Re: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
From: [email-masked] (Bonfire)
To: MoonLighter 110 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 02:20:23 -0500

>
>> I saw the Mojo challenge in Lightwave Pro and it sounds very interesting.
>> Why not add another SCI-FI story to the list?  Has anybody ever heard of the
>> Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio programs in it's original format?  I
>> think it was number one in the British charts.  When an attempt for a TV
>> mini series came out, it sucked big time.  It was like watching Barney in
Space.
>
>Gee...when I saw THGTTG mini-series, I kinda liked it.  I had already 
>read the book(s) and I liked the rather...simple approach it had.  
>Honestly, I am not sure how packing it full of fancy CGI would improve it 
>- I think it would have been great if it was done with sock puppets.  I 
>guess that's what is meant when people say that it really takes a story 
>to support everything else.  And the story can live without anything else.

I figured it would be difficult to come up with the Total Perspective
Vortex, the Improbability Drive, Zaphod Beeblebrox's two heads and three
arms (one he grew especially for Trillian), the book, just to name a few.
I've always felt they would improve by doing a movie version.  Now the time
is ripe.

===========================================================================
- Bonfire -    
CANDLELiGHT

--
[email-masked] (Bonfire) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]